YearBeyond Libraries Programme Applications 2023. The YearBeyond Libraries Programme offers young people the opportunity to serve their communities and learners in different ways. The Programme offers two streams of work. Youth can work as a Reading Champion or ICT Champion. (read more about these roles below), YearBeyond Libraries Programme Applications 2023
What will you do as a YeBoneer?
As a Reading Champion your role will be to encourage and build a strong culture of reading in communities, particularly amongst younger children. In this stream of work, you will also work on exhibitions, offer administrative support to the library manager and help host outreaches to promote literacy.
As an ICT Champion your role will be to assist residents to navigate applications, government processes, and other information needs using public computer facilities. You will also help facilitate info sessions and workshops to help build ICT skills.
You will take part in the full YearBeyond youth development programme and receive the support of either an in person or virtual mentor depending on where you are located.
Note: When you apply, you will be asked to select which of the two streams of work you are interested in.
YearBeyond Libraries Programme Benefits
By participating in the YearBeyond Libraries Programme, you will:
- Serve your community and contribute to its development
- Gain valuable experience in the education and technology sectors
- Develop leadership and interpersonal skills while working with learners
- Enhance your career prospects and expand your professional network
- Empower learners and encourage their love for reading or technology
YearBeyond Libraries Programme Eligibility
To be eligible for the YearBeyond Libraries Programme, applicants must:
- Be between 18 and 25 years old
- Live within the Western Cape
- Reside within a 5 km radius of a participating library
- Have a passion for either working with learners and reading OR a passion for ICT
Note: This application is open to specific areas in select municipalities
For more information visit official website YearBeyond Application