how to check eWallet balance, fnb ewallet number, eWallet code, how to send eWallet, how long does Norraco e wallet take. South Africa’s eWallet is a service offered by First National Bank (FNB) that allows bank members to send money to individuals who have an active South African mobile phone number.
You can withdraw your funds directly from FNB ATMs, or you can withdraw from select retail stores. Please note that FNB’s eWallet service will only work on mobile phones with current airtime; similarly, withdrawing from eWallet can only occur in South Africa
How to withdraw funds from Norraco Transact eWallet
To withdraw funds from Norraco Transact eWallet or to get your NSFAS money, you can follow these general steps:
- Go to Norraco Transact Portal
- Log in to your Norraco Transact account using your ID number and password. If you don’t have an account yet, click here to sign up and create one.
- Capture your OTP sent to your Cell phone.
- Select the withdrawal method you prefer. Norraco Transact e-wallet might offer various options such as bank transfer, mobile money transfer, or other electronic payment systems. (Read step 5 below)
- Navigate to the “Cash Out” section for cardless ATM withdrawal. Click “EFT” to transfer money to your personal bank account.
- Select the withdrawal method you prefer. Norraco Transact e-wallet might offer various options such as bank transfer, mobile money transfer, or other electronic payment systems.
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw. Make sure to double-check the amount to ensure accuracy.
- Confirm the withdrawal request. Review all the details provided, including the withdrawal amount, method, and any associated fees.
- Submit the withdrawal request.
- Wait for the processing of the withdrawal. The time taken for the funds to be transferred into your designated account may vary depending on the e-wallet platform and the chosen withdrawal method.
How can I do eWallet on FNB?
To begin, you’ll need to be a transactional account holder with FNB. This gives you access to mobile phone or online banking (you get to choose from a web account or an FNB app). If you don’t have either connection, you can use an ATM in an FNB building. To use, you simply select the eWallet option on the main menu of your web or app account on your mobile phone, add the mobile number and the amount you want to send. The money will be sent to the recipient and they’ll also get instructions on how to withdraw the funds.
How do you receive money on eWallet?
To receive money on eWallet, you’ll need a mobile phone. Instructions on withdrawing the money are sent with the transaction and the steps in the article above will walk you through exactly what to do to withdraw the funds once you’ve received them.
Can you reverse an eWallet transfer?
The bank provides a way to cancel a mistaken transaction. The moment you realize it needs to be cancelled, contact the FNB eWallet number for mobile phone banking and speak to the assistant. Or, dial *120*321# on your mobile phone, select alternative 4 for “Send Money,” then select alternative 5 for “eWallet Reversal” and choose the relevant transaction. Another possible approach is to call the bank’s Complaints Resolution desk.
If you encounter any difficulties or have specific questions on how to withdraw funds from Norraco Transact eWallet, I recommend reaching out to their customer support team for further assistance through Norraco Transact WhatsApp Number. They will be able to provide you with more accurate instructions tailored to your account and region.