Engineering courses and qualifications which are accredited: Online, Part-time, Distance Learning, Short Courses, and Full-time Courses in South Africa to study in 2023. The courses are offered by the best Universities, Colleges, and Schools in South Africa. The Engineering courses listed on this page are in demand in South Africa and will continue to be in demand in the future. If a course is in demand, it means you can easily get a job with it.
The Engineering courses gives you the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of science, mathematics, design and professional practice within an engineering context. You will gain a wealth of engineering skills and knowledge, and through your elective subjects be exposed to a range of specialisations.
Types of Engineering Courses:
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Industrial engineering
- Aerospace/aeronautical engineering.
- Chemical engineering.
- Electrical/electronic engineering.
- Engineering management.
Engineering Courses Explained
Higher Certificate Courses in Engineering
Enables you to work in the Engineering industry
- Provides you with specific introductory knowledge and practical skills
- Focus on application in the workplace
- Allows you to get credits for further studies
Diploma Courses in Engineering
Enables you to work in the Engineering industry:
- Focus on general principles of knowledge application
- Provides comprehensive and specialist knowledge
- Usually includes practical experience
- Allows you to study further to obtain a degree
Bachelor’s Degrees in Engineering
Provides you with a broad Engineering education
- Focuses on principles, theory, and research
- Enables you to follow a career as a professional
- Enables you to study further for a postgraduate degree
With today’s pace of innovation, career prospects for engineering graduates are excellent.
As a graduate of the Engineering, you will have the knowledge and skills to pursue domestic or global opportunities and become a leader in your specialised field of engineering.
Career opportunities may include:
- Aerospace engineering
- Automotive engineering
- Biomedical engineering
- Civil and Infrastructure engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Computer and network engineering
- Electrical, electronic and telecommunications engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Manufacturing engineering
- Mechatronics engineering
- Sustainable systems engineering.
Locations to study Engineering in South Africa
When it comes to Engineering Courses in South Africa, areas such as Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Durban, Gqeberha, Bloemfontein, and Polokwane are the perfect cities to find a variety of course options.