Dermatology courses and qualifications which are accredited: Online, Part-time, Distance Learning, Short Courses, and Full-time Courses in South Africa to study in 2023. The courses are offered by the best Universities, Colleges, and Schools in South Africa. The Dermatology courses listed on this page are in demand in South Africa and will continue to be in demand in the future. If a course is in demand, it means you can easily get a job with it.
Clinical dermatology is an increasingly popular clinical entity amongst medical trainees and nurses within the SA and also internationally. This is particularly so in primary care where skin disease is the greatest disease prompting consultation in children and the second biggest problem amongst adults.
The number of potential dermatological diagnoses has been estimated at 3000 and each can present in several ways. Although a substantial number of these cases involve chronic disease, many can be treated or cured. This means increasing your knowledge through online dermatology courses can add significant value to your patients, especially given the social stigmas surrounding skin disease.
Our online dermatology courses are designed to facilitate a better understanding of dermatological disorders, develop your knowledge which is an essential complement to clinical practice and ensure you are better equipped to improve patient care.
Dermatology Courses Explained
Higher Certificate Courses in Dermatology
Enables you to work in Dermatology Department
- Provides you with specific introductory knowledge and practical skills
- Focus on application in the workplace
- Allows you to get credits for further studies
Diploma Courses in Dermatology
Enables you to work in the Dermatology industry:
- Focus on general principles of knowledge application
- Provides comprehensive and specialist knowledge
- Usually includes practical experience
- Allows you to study further to obtain a degree
Bachelor’s Degrees in Dermatology
Provides you with a broad Dermatology education
- Focuses on principles, theory, and research
- Enables you to follow a career as a professional
- Enables you to study further for a postgraduate degree
Locations to study Dermatology in South Africa
When it comes to Dermatology Courses in South Africa, areas such as Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Durban, Gqeberha, Bloemfontein, and Polokwane are the perfect cities to find a variety of course options.